TFEA places a premium on the exchange of ideas and offers several exciting programs to help events, and the professionals who manage them, continue their professional training and growth.
- TFEA Annual Conference and Trade Show
- Behind the Scenes Tours at Member Events
- Certified Festival & Event Associate (CFEA)
The Certified Festival & Event Associate (CFEA) program is built upon a required course / training curriculum, presented by many of the top global professionals in our field today. It is ideal for anyone looking for a well-rounded understanding of the festival and event management field, with a desire to elevate their game and strengthen their resumes (paid professionals and volunteers; new professionals and students; sponsors, suppliers, government / municipality representatives, and other industry stakeholders). The CFEA course of studies is also a required and important component for reaching the Certified Festivals & Events Executive (CFEE) level of professional recognition.
Applicants must successfully complete one of the following. A combining of the programs is not acceptable and applicants should pick the program that best suits their professional goals.
- Educational Curriculum (Required for both CFEA and CFEE recognition)
- IFEA Certification Training - Six (6) one day, in-depth, educational / training seminars (a total of 40+ hours of training) centered on the following topics:
- IFEA Event Management School – An intensive two-year (one week per year) program, presented at the Oglebay National Training Center in West Virginia (United States) each January. The Event Management School provides 64+ hours of education and applied project experience covering a thorough overview of festival and event management from feasibility studies to final evaluations and everything in-between. The IFEA Event Management School is presented in partnership with the National Recreation & Parks Association (NRPA) and offers a unique opportunity for those attending to build a powerful, professional network as their ‘class’ lives, learns and works together on-site at the Oglebay Resort.
- Texas Festivals & Events Executive (TFEE) Program – Offered through the Texas Festivals & Events Association (TFEA) this broad-based program includes 40+ hours of educational / training seminars, covering a through overview of topical areas critical to success in the festivals and events field, together with the creation of a professional business plan for a new or existing event. The TFEE program is designed to allow participants to work at their own pace and courses are offered at the annual TFEA Conference each July, as well as selected TFEA regional workshops.
All of the above courses have been created and are presented within a set course curriculum developed by The IFEA Academy of Event Education and delivered by IFEA approved industry professionals with direct, first-hand experience in each topical area. Courses are geared to global regional realities as much as possible, to ensure the relevance of each class to those attending. Participants will be given certificates of achievement at the end of each course as proof of completion. Attendance at all courses is required to obtain CFEA / CFEE recognition, but courses may be taken independently as desired. Courses are offered in groups of three rotating topics annually leading into the IFEA Annual Convention & Expo (usually in September in North America), and may also be presented (singularly, as a whole, or in other determined groupings) in our seven global regions by our IFEA Global Affiliates, approved state / regional chapters, government organizations, festival umbrella organizations, tourism agencies or other industry stakeholders. An official IFEA designated representative must be present at all educational / training programs. OrAll Event Management School courses are developed and presented within a set course curriculum created by The IFEA Academy of Event Education and are delivered by IFEA approved industry professionals with direct, first-hand experience in each topical area.Or All Texas Festivals & Events Executive Program courses are developed and presented within a defined course curriculum created and approved by The IFEA Academy of Event Education and are delivered by IFEA / TFEA approved industry professionals with direct, first-hand experience in each topical area. All participating candidates are required to be a current IFEA member in good standing before receiving their CFEA certification designation. RecognitionThose members fully completing any of the educational/training curriculums above will receive designation / recognition as a ‘Certified Festival & Event Associate (CFEA)’ and be eligible to continue working to complete the next level of certification as desired.
- Sponsorship & Sponsorship Service
- Administration & Management
- Project Management
- Marketing & Mediums
- Operations & Risk Management
- Non-Sponsorship Revenue Programs
- TFEA Mystery Shopper Program
Even the best events can benefit from a fresh perspective. TFEA’s Mystery Shopper program will assemble a team of professional colleagues to attend and experience an event as a customer and submit an evaluation and critique to help that event improve. There is no charge for this service other than reimbursement of the evaluator(s) travel expense. To request a Mystery Shopper please call the TFEA office at (830) 997-0741 at least 30 days prior to your event.