The Texas Event Management Institute (TEMI) professional education program was created to serve the needs of Texas (and other) event professionals, currently in or aspiring to careers in the event management field. The program is designed to be completed in three years. It is presented, in parts, at the TFEA Annual Conference and Trade Show (each July) and at designated Regional and Behind-the-Scenes Workshops throughout the year.
The Texas Event Management Institute is part of the IFEA’s Certified Festival & Event Executive (CFEE) professional certification program, with parallel tracks to the IFEA’s Event Management School and CFEA educational requirements.
Upon successful completion of the Texas Event Management Institute program, enrollees will earn the designation as a “Certified Festival & Event Associate” (CFEA),
the first phase toward future attainment of your ‘Certified Festival & Event Executive (CFEE)’ designation through the IFEA, which recognizes an industry-focused combination of top-level experience and continued professional education. For those looking to earn them, Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) and Certificates of Completion will be awarded by South Texas College
for all training sessions.
Who Should Attend
- •Someone whoe produces any type of special event, festival, fair, conference or convention.
- Current mid-management event staff looking to broaden their knowledge base while enhancing their professional networks.
- Cities, Parks and Recreation Departments, Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitor Bureau, and Non-Profit Organization staffs who produce and/or work with local events.
- Theme Parks, Promoters, Show Producers, Agents, Entertainment Buyers.
- Staff who produce and/or work with local events.
- Those new to the Event Management field.
- Event Management students looking to strengthen their professional resumes.
- Key event volunteers looking to expand their capabilities.
- Someone looking for inspiration, creative imagination, and innovation.
Texas Event Management Institute instructors are selected from the top IFEA and TFEA event management professionals in our industry today.
There is a one-time administrative fee of $150 per member registrant to track the registrants progress through the courses. Anyone enrolled in the former TELP (Texas Event Leadership Program) does not have to pay the fee again. Fees are paid to the Texas Festivals and Events Association upon entering the program.
All course fees are included in the cost of attendance at the TFEA Annual Conference and Trade Show and at designated Regional and Behind-the-Scenes Workshops throughout the year, as may be applicable.
For more information on the Texas Event Management Institute, contact TFEA Executive Director, Kay Wolf, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 830-997-0741.